July 3, 2010

Running In High Heels.





Meet KC Aquino. She's our free-spirited SDA Representative and Bianca Yuzon's partner in leadership. Like Bianca, she's also taking up a degree in Fashion Design and Merchandising. She is currently working on her clothing line named Kashew. Here is our interview with our lovely KC.



TSP: What inspired you to become a representative of the School of Design and Arts?

KC: Okay, this may sound shallow to some, but at first, I got inspired to run for SDA representative by the characters of Brooke Davis in One Tree Hill and Elle Woods in Legally Blonde. I never really saw myself as an officer of the Student Council and doing all these before. It wasn’t part of my plan at all, to be honest. But one lunch break in school, Bianca and Zoe were talking about running for Student Council, the two characters (Brooke Davis and Elle Woods) came to my mind and I felt like I should/can do it, too! On a more serious level though, I think what pushed me into doing it was my eagerness to try on new things every time. Also, I saw it as a chance to prove to myself and others that I can do so much more beyond all the clothes, accessories, make up and high heels!



TSP: What are some of the best experiences you’ve had while serving in the Student Council?
KC: The Freshman Orientation Program was quite an experience for me because it was the first time I spoke on stage to a lot of people. I felt nervous even if it was scripted and it was just a couple of lines plus my name. I love that sometimes we get free food and free entrance in events that are organized by SC. Those are just some of the perks. I could also say that I have a good time in each SC meeting because the other officers are just sofunny. I always end up ‘LMAO-ing’. I enjoyed staying under the tent and shouting “join student council” in the Plaza Villarosa and “partying” in the Frosh Night a few weeks ago, too!


TSP: How would you describe the students in the School of Design and Arts?
KC: SDA students are brave and happy trend-setters. We’re never afraid of showing what we really are and feel even if it is going to make us different from the rest. We use art and fashion in expressing them all. We set the trend in all the things we do – may it be film, music, architecture, fashion, etc. We’re free-spirited and happy with our limitless imagination.





TSP: Three words to describe yourself.
KC: Transparent. Outgoing. Free.


TSP: Where do you get your daily inspiration?
KC: From the busy streets of New York! Haha, just kidding! I get mine from my family, friends, all the random people I have small talks/encounters with everyday and my dreams. But I don’t know, I get easily inspired by the simplest of things.



TSP: Being a student taking up AB in Fashion Design and Merchandising, how would you describe the fashion seen in the SDA?
KC: Fashion in the SDA campus is wild and wide-ranged. There are no limitations (except the dress code) when it comes to the students’ school outfits. Everyone’s trying to be unique and, for me, that’s really a good thing. Fashion in our school is a big factor; it is used not only to be stylish or trendy but to express feelings, mood, etc.


TSP: Who are your favorite designers both locally and internationally?
KC: Yves Saint Laurent, Valentino, Alexander McQueen, Herve Leger, Diane von Furstenberg, Marc Jacobs, Monique Lhuillier, Betsey Johnson, Louis Vuitton, Zac Posen


TSP: What are some of your favorite brands both locally and internationally?
KC: Forever 21, Topshop, Mango, Zara (TRF), H&M, PRP, Roxy, Aeropostale, Old Navy, Gap, thrift stores in Greenhills, The Ramp, SM Department Store, Nine West, and RL.





TSP: If you were given a chance to meet anyone in the world, who would it be?
KC: I’d like to meet Lady Gaga! She’s totally amazing and inspiring. The art she shows (like her music videos, dance moves, choice of clothes, words and shoes, etc) is jaw-dropping. She wows people world-wide every time and everyone’s waiting to see what her next it’s-out-of-this-world-but-it-works outfit will be. She’s crazy and weird but I like it! She said in an MTV interview that “there’s no such thing as limits” - and that moved me.


TSP:What’s next for KC Aquino?
KC: School shiz, more nights out with friends, good times, uncontrollable laughter, no more binge eating (I hope), and my clothing line named Kashew! I really want to start it. I’ve made a few pieces for my friends and myself already. I think I’ll be continuing that.


TSP: Any message to the SDA students?
KC: Hey, you guys!

Let’s keep doing our thang and believing in ourselves. We should always see the silver lining in the things around us. Positivity never fails to make someone happier and motivated. I think there will always be things/reasons for us to feel down like problems, etc... that’s normal. The more important thing is that we see past through all those, keep our chins up, and we don’t give up. We’re all aiming to be known someday as fashion designers, film makers, musicians, photographers, or whatever, and I think you’d all agree if I say the one thing we can do to make that happen is to strive really hard and go on. We should never stop going for what we really want and love. We got all that it takes; we just gotta learn how to use our “resources” wisely. And and and! Remember to enjoy every step of the way. J

XO Love,
KC A.





No comments:

Post a Comment